Friday, February 11, 2005

Why wont women listen????

Now before I get started I appreciate this may be a touchy subject for some of my readers, so before I continue I suggest if you think you are going to be offended to use the handy back button on your browser. If you do decide to read on I don't expect any nasty comments as you have been warned!!!!

Last night was the taps quiz. I arrived late (as usual) However on my arrival there were 2 rounds to go. The last round is the knock out round. Basically it means that if you get 1 question wrong then you lose all your points from that round, If you get them all right you get an extra bonus 5 points. I knew 2 of the answers, as did Laura and Iz new the answer to the second one. The first question I knew was which ocean does the river Congo flow in to??? ATLANTIC!!!!! I told them. Laura agreed but Jenna and Sarah didn't believe us. I said I was so sure I would put money on it. Laura kindly pointed out I would probably put money on anything put that's another story! I eventually got the girlies to put down the answer, Hooza! Next question....
What colour do Indian brides traditionally wear at their own wedding?? Took a bit of thinking this one. But after thinking back to R.E class and Sunita's wedding in coronation street I concluded it was red. Yes definitely sure it was Red. Iz agreed, Laura thought it sounded right. Sarah and Jenna weren't sure. I was trying to convince them to no avail when the guy started to come round for the answer sheets. The team had done alright but I thought that we needed all the points we could get if we were to have any chance. But then I couldn't believe what happened next.... Not only did Jenna not put red down she crossed out Atlantic, quickly handed in the sheet and sat down!!!!! Now I know I wasn't there for long put it is a team effort is it not??? If 2/3 members of the team are pretty happy with the answer then surly it should go down. Sarah and Jenna were so stubborn it was just annoying. If I didn't need a lift home off Jenna I might have said something!

Incidently both answers were right. We should of had 43 instead of 41!! It didn't really matter in the end though as 3rd place had 46! However it's a matter of principle!!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have agreed with you with Red and Atlantic if I was there, but you are not very reliable when it comes to the wipe out round so I am not surprised they didn't trust you!

February 11, 2005 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Firstly, u were there for only the wipout round after u said u'd arrive about 10...hardly a team player!! I was also worried as chaz agreed with you. Last time Chaz came he got us wiped out and we would've come 1st, which hardly made me want to agree with his answer.

"If I didn't need a lift home off Jenna I might have said something!" Well you can f*ck off and pay for a taxi next time!!

February 11, 2005 at 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I won't be giving you a lift home either because you unfairly deducted points from me!

February 12, 2005 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger rb1502 said...

Now Now ladies. Firstly let me remind you that while i am quite open to constructive critisism i did state quite clearly that if you were going to be offended dont read on and not to leave nasty comments. However i dont want to annoy jenna and i hope you appreciate this article is rather tongue in cheek. On the other hand I wouldn't want a lift of you anyway sarah! It would be quicker (and probably safer) To walk!!! Just in case people didn't know srah took her driving test four times and is only 2 foot tall making driving quite a challenge. And before you even think about coming back with the comment "ha well at least i can drive" then let me remind you of something. With the amount of money you have spent on lessons, insurance, tests petrol e.t.c then i could probably afford to get a taxi every where i wanted to go anyway!

February 13, 2005 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

ric, although your last comment was funny, it was also very harsh. I have decided to forgive you for most of you post except the bit about keeping quiet so u could get a lift home!! we can all use rach for lifts now anyway woohoo!!

February 13, 2005 at 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe when you were listing how much money sarah c had spent on lessons, petrol, tests etc you forgot the £250 shes having to pay for the bump she had the day after she passed, damn those stationary cars

February 18, 2005 at 11:42 AM  
Anonymous LB said...

Dont b mean top chaz he got questions right last thurs! and jenna is a very nice person for lifts but i have to say jenna and sp's stubbornness (spelling?) on thursday was on a level with sarah cattlin :O

February 18, 2005 at 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look, I'm not liking this, why are you all picking on me? Also it would be less obvious that you wrote the 6th comment Laura if you left a bigger time gap between posting.And its not £250 but at least I can drive unlike some.

February 18, 2005 at 8:11 PM  
Anonymous LB said...

oooh thats a little below the belt 4th timer

February 18, 2005 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

have to agree with sc on this 1...strictly speaking laura uve taken over a year to learn already hahaha the longest of all of us!!

February 20, 2005 at 8:32 PM  
Anonymous lb said...

iv had 2 foot operations you really mean people, which obviously doesnt matter-- no1 even visited!!

February 21, 2005 at 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, for goodness sake it's just a quiz!! Plus even though we didn't win we had fun, right? P.s. Sarah is beautiful and luvly and we all luv her and laura and ric are in denial and they smell. xxx

February 22, 2005 at 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going back to the article in question...did you say hooza??!!!
How come no one else picked up on that?
Rach

February 23, 2005 at 8:37 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Hello, you left a comment on my blog (the nightmare of the X84) and I wondered if you wanted to blog on it too? I know it's not the most exciting subject to write about but I could do with all the shitty tales of the X84 bus there is! You only have to write when a bus is late, doesn't turn up or there is any reason to complain. If you would like to, can you leave an email adress on my site so I can send an invite?
Thanks, Emma

March 1, 2005 at 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home